The deputy spokesman for the Balearic met. office, Bernat Amengual, has warned that up to 40 litres of rain per square metre could fall in just one hour over the next 24 hours in the Tramuntana mountains.
Mallorca is now on heavy storm alert
An unsettled few days in store with torrential rain
- Property sales tax could rise by as much as 50 percent in Spain
- Travelling to the Balearics to get easier for Britons
- Spain gives insight into some of the requirements for Nomad visa. Life in the sun awaits
- Victory for famous Palma restaurant threatened with demolition
- Nadal opens up on being a father and admits he is sleeping less