Another storm will follow on Saturday.
Maximum gusts of 102 kilometres per hour were recorded in Soller.
The port authority is urging skippers to exercise extreme caution and to seek shelter in harbours and sheltered coastal areas.
Key members of the Balearic government were at a political party event on the mainland.
"Heavy rains in September are common..."
Temperatures will not begin to ease until Thursday.
- Helicopter crashes on ring road, three injured
- Woman seriously injured after being attacked by three pit bulls in Mallorca
- Mallorca hoteliers calling for eight-year sentences for British tourists' false claims
- Motorcyclist dies after head-on collision with a truck
- 83-year-old acquitted of having caused Porreres robber's death