Yesterday, there were reports of some flights bound to Spain from the UK were taking off almost empty.
The travel industry, which has been hammered by the pandemic, has long complained that the costs of tests are too high.
Arrivals from Spain and all its islands are advised to use a PCR test as their pre-departure test wherever possible.
The number of bookings in June was 2% higher than in the same month in 2019
International tourism arrivals are set to stagnate this year, except in some Western markets.
There are worries the summer season may be lost for a second year in a row.
There is, and has been, a blanket ban on non residents coming from third party countries.
“Vaccine passports are not the answer this year. Apart from the fact they are still being talked about, they will take months to roll out...”
Passengers wearing facemasks wait to check-in at an Air Europa counter at Adolfo Suarez Barajas airport amid the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic in Madrid
Passengers wearing face masks wait to check-in at an Air Europa counter at Adolfo Suarez Barajas airport amid the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic in Madrid.
Nuria Riera of the Partido Popular in the Balearics.
- Update: The 90-day rule for Britons in Spain your views keep flooding in " When we’re in Mallorca we also support the local economy"
- Take a look at what's on offer in this week's Classifieds!
- Get the Mallorca Beach App!
- One million Brits would benefit from 90-day rule being scrapped in Spain
- Mallorca Bulletin Reader Offers