UK travellers have been warned that they could end up facing delays and long queues.
EES will replace the current system of manual stamping of passports.
The Foreign Office has updated its advice for anyone travelling to Spain.
ETIAS is a travel authorisation set to begin in 2024 in 30 European countries. It will be valid for three years or until your passport expires - whichever comes first.
More passengers are expected to arrive this season to Mallorca.
“I was quite amazed to discover that the green certificate is no longer valid...”
For all of us, our home is the safest place in the world. The place where we want to be. But we all also want to travel. Video courtsey of mallorcasafetourism.com
"the border guards are obliged to check passports stamps in order to make sure that travellers are not overstaying the permitted 90 days for short stays in the Schengen Area."
Mallorca and the other Balearic Islands led the arrival of international tourists into Spain in June.
"Those coming from countries not on the red list can enter Britain without a pre-departure test....."
C. I. Travel Group, will offer more over 6,000 seats to Mallorca.
- Spain fights to end 90 day rule and also "ban" on British seasonal workers
- Yet more red tape! Spain now issues official invitations to make your visit easier
- Ryanair emergency landing in Palma
- Take note Spain! Surge in interest in French properties after 90 day rule is relaxed for Britons
- Jumbo jet makes emergency landing in Palma