The Spanish government hasn't increased funding for Imserso holidays in the 2023 budget.
Hotels have been pulling out of Imserso because they aren't paid enough.
Imserso prices have been a bone of contention for years; they are even more so now.
The lowest public pensions will increase by 3%, while inflation reached 6.5% in 2021.
The average pension in the Balearic Islands is 921.67 euros a month.
While sales are going well, not all sectors of the travel and tourism industry are happy with the pensioners' vacations.
The scheme of holidays for Spanish senior citizens is scheduled to run between October and May; quarter of a million will be coming to the Balearics.
- Update: The 90-day rule for Britons in Spain your views keep flooding in " When we’re in Mallorca we also support the local economy"
- Get the Mallorca Beach App!
- One million Brits would benefit from 90-day rule being scrapped in Spain
- Mallorca Bulletin Reader Offers
- Skiing in Mallorca has never been so easy