The van turned up again in Sa Pobla.
A friend of the owner of the funeral company rang him to ask who had died.
He was confronted by a tourist on holiday with his family.
The thefts had been made over a period of two months.
The restaurant owner was the first to intercept him.
He was arrested last week for breaking and entering.
One of the three who was arrested.
Most of the reports related to the Parc de la Mar car park.
Thieves pose as tourists, mingling with others and looking for targets.
Pools stolen in Santa Maria.
- Helicopter crashes on ring road, three injured
- Woman seriously injured after being attacked by three pit bulls in Mallorca
- Mallorca hoteliers calling for eight-year sentences for British tourists' false claims
- Motorcyclist dies after head-on collision with a truck
- 83-year-old acquitted of having caused Porreres robber's death