The species is also known as the large-spotted dogfish or greater spotted dogfish.
There have been a number of shark sightings in the Balearics this summer.
It is unusual for blue sharks to be on the shore and even less common to see an attack.
A Blue Shark in the sea off Illetas.
Blue sharks are generally considered to be docile and not highly aggressive towards humans.
The Bulletin talks to Brad Robertson, Co-Founder & President of Save The Med Foundation. Working towards a clean and healthy Mediterranean Sea. Private SCUBA Instructor and expeditions coordinator.
The shark was found on Saturday afternoon.
The body of a blue shark was found washed up in Barcarés, Alcudia, on the bay of Pollensa, March 27, 2022.
The body of a shark of between three and four metres in length appeared on Cala Fonoll beach in Puerto Andratx on December, 24 2022 . Andratx police sealed off the area and the body was removed by specialists on Saturday morning.
The body of a shark was sighted near the fish farm in Puerto Andratx in December 2022.
The body of the shark on Sant Elm beach.
Specialists removed the body on Friday.
The body of the shark appeared on Friday afternoon.
- Helicopter crashes on ring road, three injured
- Woman seriously injured after being attacked by three pit bulls in Mallorca
- Mallorca hoteliers calling for eight-year sentences for British tourists' false claims
- Motorcyclist dies after head-on collision with a truck
- 83-year-old acquitted of having caused Porreres robber's death