I’m pleased to hear that the new administration in Calvia are looking at keeping the beaches open in the winter.
After forty years of strategy, promotion of sports tourism is now truly bearing fruit.
The number of programmed seats is up by almost a quarter.
In January this year, the Balearics had 129,000 foreign tourists.
Our 5 top choices for an off-peak stay on the island.
A delay to the Imserso programme. But its benefits are in any event limited.
The principal reason is growth in demand from the Spanish market.
"What is the point of promoting tourism in winter, if we can't have something as essential as security?"
Winter tourism is still struggling in Mallorca.
Spanish regions want British winter tourists.
"As I have said on numerous occasions, Mallorca has a golden opportunity to become a major winter holiday destination; 300 days of sunshine a year rather sums it all up."
On the Costa del Sol, there is a specific campaign to attract long-stay winter visitors.
- Mallorca hoteliers calling for eight-year sentences for British tourists' false claims
- Another EuroMillions winner in Mallorca
- Woman seriously injured after being attacked by three pit bulls in Mallorca
- Helicopter crashes on ring road, three injured
- An ex-RAF pilot's wish - to donate his Mallorca finca for holidays for disadvantaged children