The region manages to reduce the number by around 1,000 people, although there are still 263,000 people who are very vulnerable.
A report suggests that there will be a weakening of the quality of life in 2023.
The pandemic led to a significant rise in poverty.
Average wealth of the richest increased, while risk of poverty rose by over ten per cent.
The number of people at risk of poverty has increased since 2019.
Scavenging on the streets of Palma.
Some 266,000 impoverished people at risk of social exclusion.
The Red Cross is involved with Food Bank distribution.
Aid such as the minimum living income is not reaching enough people in poverty.
One in every five children is at risk of poverty in the Balearic Islands, according to a new report by the Balearic Office for Children & Adolescents, or OBIA.
- New law for pet owners comes into force on Friday in Mallorca
- Investigation into the death of a British woman following cosmetic surgery in Mallorca
- Now Spain torpedoes all-inclusive cruise deals with extra booze and food taxes
- Prostitution gang arrests in Alcudia, Inca and Muro
- Thursday's weather in Mallorca