An amber watchlist was due to be signed off on Thursday but a split in the government could delay a decision, The Times said
Six flights from England arrived at Son Sant Joan Airport in Palma on Wednesday.
After a week or two in the Mallorcan sunshine British tourists will be heading for 10 days quarantine in the UK and have to take a PCR test on day 2 and day 5.
Around 5 million British tourists have already booked to go to ‘Amber’ destinations over the summer.
"It's staggering that the Government is even contemplating encouraging overseas holidays when airports are already struggling to keep the virus and new variants at bay..”
- British residents unable to drive in Spain from Friday, licence exchange process still flawed
- One of the world’s largest super yachts went "missing" after leaving Mallorca
- Taylor Swift jets in for Mallorca wedding
- Get the Mallorca Beach App!
- Eyewitness account when two planes collided on the tarmac at Palma airport in Mallorca