In Palma there is a great deal of illegal tourist letting.
The Mallorca Hoteliers Federation doesn't believe that EU regulation will provide a definitive solution to illegal lets.
Marga Prohens with Héctor Gómez in Palma.
The Balearics receives more than 15 million tourists throughout the year.
The housing minister has said that there are some 235,000 illegal holiday let properties in the Balearics.
“Illegal” holiday lets to tourists are hugely unpopular and against the law
Graffiti from some years ago opposing holiday lets in Palma.
The emergency housing decree was due to have been approved on Friday.
The tourism of excesses law "has not been able to stop those negative and viral images that we all know".
When EU tourism ministers gather in Palma, they can expect to be greeted with protests.
Objective is one of the Council of Mallorca's main policies.
- Helicopter crashes on ring road, three injured
- Woman seriously injured after being attacked by three pit bulls in Mallorca
- Mallorca hoteliers calling for eight-year sentences for British tourists' false claims
- Motorcyclist dies after head-on collision with a truck
- 83-year-old acquitted of having caused Porreres robber's death