There were a number of shark sightings in the Balearics this summer.
The species is also known as the large-spotted dogfish or greater spotted dogfish.
It is unusual for blue sharks to be on the shore and even less common to see an attack.
Blue sharks are generally considered to be docile and not highly aggressive towards humans.
- Spain fights to end 90 day rule and also "ban" on British seasonal workers
- Yet more red tape! Spain now issues official invitations to make your visit easier
- Ryanair emergency landing in Palma
- Take note Spain! Surge in interest in French properties after 90 day rule is relaxed for Britons
- Jumbo jet makes emergency landing in Palma