Ian Adamson, who died at the age of 93 in 2014, was an RAF fighter pilot during the Second World War. His parents were Scottish and he was born in Rosario, Argentina, where his father was working for the country's rail system. Orphaned by the age of 14, he was 18 at the outbreak of the war. He, like hundreds of others in Argentina, volunteered for British military service.
An ex-RAF pilot's wish - to donate his Mallorca finca for holidays for disadvantaged children
La Paloma Blanca is in an area of outstanding natural beauty
Also in News
- Yet more red tape! Spain now issues official invitations to make your visit easier
- Ryanair emergency landing in Palma
- Mallorca village “the most beautiful place in the world” but which?
- Don't miss what's available in this week's Classifieds!
- How you can beat the 90 day rule in Spain but you will need a job or plenty of cash