Spain's acting Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez moved closer to clinching another term in office today after securing the backing of Basque nationalist party PNV, after opponents of his proposed amnesty for Catalan separatists clashed with police.
After protests, Spain moves nearer to having a government
Sanchez's conservative opponents have accused him of putting the rule of law in Spain on the line for his own political gain.
Also in News
- Mallorca hoteliers calling for eight-year sentences for British tourists' false claims
- Another EuroMillions winner in Mallorca
- Woman seriously injured after being attacked by three pit bulls in Mallorca
- Helicopter crashes on ring road, three injured
- An ex-RAF pilot's wish - to donate his Mallorca finca for holidays for disadvantaged children