The green colour of the sea in Mallorca which can sometimes appear is the result of an accumulation of algae. This is itself the consequence of an increase in the water temperature combined with nutrients in wastewater that are from outfalls or leaks.
Mallorca's green sea and problems with treating it
The solution lies with better control of wastewater
Also in News
- Update: The 90-day rule for Britons in Spain your views keep flooding in " When we’re in Mallorca we also support the local economy"
- Mallorca hoteliers calling for eight-year sentences for British tourists' false claims
- Another EuroMillions winner in Mallorca
- The heroin addicts of Palma's Plaça Major
- Monday's weather in Mallorca