There has been a big increase in the Horseshoe Snake population of the islands. Infact, wildlife officials have captured at least 3,000 of the snakes so far this year across the Balearics. "The snakes we have in the Balearics are not a threat to humans, but they are a threat to the environment because they endanger the survival of species such as lizards and some coastal birds". Víctor Colomar, wildlife coordinator for Ibiza and Formentera said.
Big increase in Balearic snake population (and they can also swim!)
Lack of predators means that it is home from home for them
Also in News
- Update: The 90-day rule for Britons in Spain your views keep flooding in " When we’re in Mallorca we also support the local economy"
- Mallorca hoteliers calling for eight-year sentences for British tourists' false claims
- Monday's weather in Mallorca
- Another EuroMillions winner in Mallorca
- The heroin addicts of Palma's Plaça Major