Huelva in Spain has paid tribute to Major William Martin. In fact a street has been named after him. The only problem is that Major William Martin never existed. He was probably dreamed up by former British Consul in Mallorca, Alan Hillgarth and Bond creator Ian Fleming.
Spain names street after "British man who never was"
Tribute to major World War 2 intelligence operation
Also in News
- New law for pet owners comes into force on Friday in Mallorca
- Investigation into the death of a British woman following cosmetic surgery in Mallorca
- Prostitution gang arrests in Alcudia, Inca and Muro
- Now Spain torpedoes all-inclusive cruise deals with extra booze and food taxes
- Mallorca fans see red over scantily clad dancers in VIP area!