President Armengol says that "the safety of citizens and the least possible environmental impact" will be prioritised.
A need for consensus in deciding the cable's entry point and route, but consensus is proving to be very difficult.
The big stumbling block with the proposal for the bay of Alcudia is the sheer amount of posidonia sea grass in the bay.
- British residents unable to drive in Spain from Friday, licence exchange process still flawed
- One of the world’s largest super yachts went "missing" after leaving Mallorca
- Taylor Swift jets in for Mallorca wedding
- Get the Mallorca Beach App!
- Eyewitness account when two planes collided on the tarmac at Palma airport in Mallorca