On Wednesday, emergency teams continued to search the Tramuntana Mountains to check if there were any people still trapped by the snow and in need of assistance. The army's UME emergency unit was now operative in clearing access to isolated areas. Storm Juliette had caused extensive damage because of high winds and the weight of snow. Trees were down and various parts of the mountains needed to be inspected.
Storm Juliette - Rescue and restoring power in Mallorca
Power was out in various parts of the island
Also in News
- British residents unable to drive in Spain from Friday, licence exchange process still flawed
- One of the world’s largest super yachts went "missing" after leaving Mallorca
- Taylor Swift jets in for Mallorca wedding
- Get the Mallorca Beach App!
- Eyewitness account when two planes collided on the tarmac at Palma airport in Mallorca