The Balearic ministry for energy transition has yet to receive information about electric vehicles from almost 40% of car-hire firms on the islands. Of 122 registered in the Balearics, 46 have not sent information. They are required to do so in accordance with regional legislation on climate change. This stipulates that, at present, one per cent of firms' fleets must be zero emissions. From the start of 2023, this increases to 1.8%, while a minimum six per cent of new purchases will have to be zero emissions.
40% of car-hire firms not giving information about electric vehicles
Also in News
- Update: The 90-day rule for Britons in Spain your views keep flooding in " When we’re in Mallorca we also support the local economy"
- Take a look at what's on offer in this week's Classifieds!
- Get the Mallorca Beach App!
- One million Brits would benefit from 90-day rule being scrapped in Spain
- Mallorca Bulletin Reader Offers