Surging European gas prices and high demand for electricity in the cold winter months have granted a reprieve to a coal plant in northwest Spain, but its workers' future is unclear.
Energy crunch leaves Spanish coal plant workers in limbo
Spain has rapidly expanded solar and wind power
Also in News
- Palma's Via de Cintura cut off to save the lives of a group of disoriented dogs
- 'She-devil' leader of Mallorca gang ordered to prison
- Which supermarkets are open on December 6 and 8?
- The ham war of Palma's Olivar Market to go to court
- Leader of a gang who stole from trucks in Germany arrested in Mallorca