Crew and sunbathers joined forces yesterday to save a British-registered motor launch from sinking in Playa de Mago, Calvia. According to the emergency services, the yacht had begun taking on water and, in accordance with nautical protocol, vessels are advised to head to the Playa de Mago because of its shallow waters which therefore can help to keep stricken vessels afloat until the maritime rescue services reached the scene.
Complicated rescue of British launch in danger of sinking
Also in News
- Mallorca hoteliers calling for eight-year sentences for British tourists' false claims
- Another EuroMillions winner in Mallorca
- Woman seriously injured after being attacked by three pit bulls in Mallorca
- An ex-RAF pilot's wish - to donate his Mallorca finca for holidays for disadvantaged children
- Helicopter crashes on ring road, three injured