Crew and sunbathers joined forces yesterday to save a British-registered motor launch from sinking in Playa de Mago, Calvia. According to the emergency services, the yacht had begun taking on water and, in accordance with nautical protocol, vessels are advised to head to the Playa de Mago because of its shallow waters which therefore can help to keep stricken vessels afloat until the maritime rescue services reached the scene.
Complicated rescue of British launch in danger of sinking
Also in News
- Change of location for Palma Christmas ball because it was too big
- From Hollywood to Mallorca love still in the air for Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones
- Penguins land in Mallorca
- "It is a grave error not to listen to our foreign residents," said Mayor of Andratx
- Mallorca club owner busted for drug trafficking and possession of prohibited weapons