In Majorca, the olive tree belongs to the cultural heritage, because all the knotty "centenarios," the centenarian trees were originally grafted onto wild olive trees.Depending on the variety and ripeness of the fruit at the moment of harvest, the final oil is different in consistency and flavor. First green olives have just been harvested for the production of "Oli Novell". For "Olive oil Extra Virgin",- the highest quality of olive oil, olives are mechanically processed without any heating. The freshly pressed olive oil, hardly filtered, is a must for gourmets. It has got an intensive flavor, is slightly greenish in colour with a delicate spicy note.
Everything goes with olive oil.
It is hard to imagine the Mediterranean cuisine without olive oil.
Also in News
- New law for pet owners comes into force on Friday in Mallorca
- Investigation into the death of a British woman following cosmetic surgery in Mallorca
- Now Spain torpedoes all-inclusive cruise deals with extra booze and food taxes
- Prostitution gang arrests in Alcudia, Inca and Muro
- Mallorca fans see red over scantily clad dancers in VIP area!