Welcome to North Korea, is how a senior executive of a major tour firm reacted to the new Law of Excesses which was introduced by the previous Balearic government and which curbs excessive drinking in Magalluf and Arenal. It didn't take too long for some bright sparks to organise coach tours to neighbouring resorts where the Law of Excesses is not in force. Santa Ponsa has proved very popular with Magalluf tourists this summer!
All quiet in Magalluf
“Has the law of excesses spoilt the party in Magalluf or has it been a major success? The jury is out...”
Also in News
- Update: The 90-day rule for Britons in Spain your views keep flooding in " When we’re in Mallorca we also support the local economy"
- Mallorca hoteliers calling for eight-year sentences for British tourists' false claims
- Monday's weather in Mallorca
- Another EuroMillions winner in Mallorca
- Playa de Palma club faces huge fine for security breaches