Local residents might mumble darkly about cyclists on the roads of Mallorca but for my money the real danger lies in the explosion of e-scooter riders coursing along pavements without helmets or manners. In Soller, there is a plague of them and few of the young riders seem to care whether they are breaking the law or not. They merrily ride at speed the wrong way up one-way streets and make the pavements their own so that pedestrians, pensioners and mothers with pushchairs have to swerve out of the way. No one seems to stop them though there’s a lot of moaning about their takeover of our streets. Just this week, one did precarious wheelie moves right outside the Guardia Civil offices and along the street without a seeming care in the world.
E-scooters are back!
In Soller, there is a plague of them and few of the young riders seem to care whether they are breaking the law or not
Also in News
- Award-winning British actress braves the weather at home in Mallorca
- Final touches to Rafa Nadal and Mery Perelló's spectacular home in Porto Cristo
- Scoff your ham and cheese sandwich before landing in Mallorca
- Friday's weather in Mallorca - another storm forecast
- Mallorca to remain on weather alert for the next week as freak storm hits
To be able to write a comment, you have to be registered and logged in
Currently there are no comments.