If the Catalan government thought that the European Union would come to its rescue, it was badly advised. The EU is sticking with Spain and its headline attitude towards independence in Catalonia. The EU is not willing to get involved, well at least publicly. The Catalan government, effectively sacked by Madrid last weekend, has few cards to play. It can just rely on a campaign of civil disobedience, to try and thwart Madrid’s drive to take away home rule.
Standing with Spain
Also in News
- New law for pet owners comes into force on Friday in Mallorca
- Investigation into the death of a British woman following cosmetic surgery in Mallorca
- Now Spain torpedoes all-inclusive cruise deals with extra booze and food taxes
- Prostitution gang arrests in Alcudia, Inca and Muro
- Mallorca fans see red over scantily clad dancers in VIP area!