Residents of Spain aged 65 and above are exempt from capital gains tax on property if it has served as your primary residence for over three years, even if you do not reinvest the proceeds.
When relocating to Spain or acquiring property here, you should familiarise yourself with the Spanish tax framework and proactively devise strategies to mitigate your tax obligations.
- Spain fights to end 90 day rule and also "ban" on British seasonal workers
- Yet more red tape! Spain now issues official invitations to make your visit easier
- Ryanair emergency landing in Palma
- Take note Spain! Surge in interest in French properties after 90 day rule is relaxed for Britons
- Jumbo jet makes emergency landing in Palma