Figures from the National Statistics Institute indicate that hotel and restaurant prices in the Balearics have increased this year by 10.2%, more or less double the Spanish average of 5.2%. As there was a similar increase in prices in 2022, they are 20% higher than they were in 2021. The closest other regions for the two-year period are Galicia and Valencia, where the increases are below 17%.
Balearics tourism - Highest price increases in Spain
Hotel and restaurant prices up ten per cent this year
Also in Holiday
- Update: The 90-day rule for Britons in Spain your views keep flooding in " When we’re in Mallorca we also support the local economy"
- Mallorca hoteliers calling for eight-year sentences for British tourists' false claims
- Another EuroMillions winner in Mallorca
- The heroin addicts of Palma's Plaça Major
- Monday's weather in Mallorca