There are certain images of Mallorca that had become 'iconic' well before the days of Instagram. In Playa de Muro, a jetty stretching out into a tranquil sea is one such image, so much so that it is 'the image' of a resort which, like its neighbours on the Bay of Alcudia, is known for the shallowness of the sea. This picture postcard image always has to be perfect, not spoiled by the presence of people. But such perfection is difficult to obtain except in winter or early in the morning or late in the evening in summer; there are always people on the jetty.
The picture postcard image in Mallorca with hidden danger
Signs will now warn people of a fine up to 900 euros
Also in Holiday
- Update: The 90-day rule for Britons in Spain your views keep flooding in " When we’re in Mallorca we also support the local economy"
- Take a look at what's on offer in this week's Classifieds!
- Get the Mallorca Beach App!
- One million Brits would benefit from 90-day rule being scrapped in Spain
- Mallorca Bulletin Reader Offers