The building of the Foundation, designed by Rafael Moneo, displays temporary exhibitions of a selection of pieces by Joan Miró. He lived in Mallorca between 1956 and 1983. The Son Boter and Son Abrines workshops open to the public.
There is plenting of parking (60 parking spaces) which are free of charge. Also two disabled parking spaces and plenting of parking spaces for bicycles.
If you plan on coming by bus you can take Bus nos. 46, 4 & 20, operated by Empresa Municipal de Transports de Palma (EMT). You will get off on stop number 714 at 104 Carrer de Saridakis. If taking the TIB you need bus number 104. There is also the Palma City Sightseeing tourist bus.
Winter hours: (September 16 until May 15)
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 10am to 6pm
Sunday and holidays from 10am to 3pm. Monday closed
Summer hours (May 16 until September 15)
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 10am to 7pm
Sunday and holidays from 10am to 3pm.Monday closed
Closed on December 25 and January 1.
General admission fee 7.50 euros (reduced fee). Unlimited acces to the museum during the whole day.
Reduced rate 5.50 euros
· For over 66s
· Holders of a Carnet Jove or student card
· People with disabilities (acreditation)
· Group visits (of over 10 people who do not come from AAVV or TTOO)
· AAVV or TTOO: 20% of discount on the displayed general rates
· Associations/organizations or institutions with a special agreement
Admission for residents in Palma
Reduced rate for residents in Palma (a valid document has to be presented) is 4 euros
· Saturdays: 3pm – 6pm + First Sunday of every month: 10am – 3pm
· Under 16s.
· Accredited members: International Council of Museums (ICOM), AAVIB Associació d'Artistes Visuals de les Illes Balears, travel agencies, Official Association of Tour Guides and travelling agents (during their activity), the unemployed, journalists, researchers.
· Foundation's volunteers
· Open days (if they fall on a Monday, the museum will remain closed to the public):
March 1 (Day of the Balearic Islands)
May 18 (International Museum Day)
June 24 (Saint John’s Day)
December 19 (Fundació anniversary)
December 31 ( Festa de l'Estendard - Festival of the Banner)
When a holiday falls on Monday the Museum will remain closed
Yearly pass is 14 euros
With the yearly pass, you can visit the Fundació Miró Mallorca as many times as you like for 14 euros. Through this important form of collaboration with the Foundation, you will have year-round access to exhibitions and to the studios and you will be sent information about our programme of events.
Educational workshops or activities
You could participate at our educational workshops and activities. Normally on Saturday morning. Price is 3.50 euros.