This 10th century Muslim fortress is currently the King’s official residence for ceremonies and receptions.
It was rebuilt in a Gothic style after the Catalan conquest in the 14th century. The Gothic chapel of Sant Anna inside and outside the S'Hort del Rei arch, a Muslim pier, are outstanding elements in the building.
Palau Reial s/n (In front of the Cathedral)
Bus Line 15
Thursday to Sunday Royal Palace (access until 6pm)
Hours are 10am to 7pm
Closed on Mondays
Free entrance: Wednesday and Sunday from 3 pm to 7pm (Access up to 60 minutes before closing).
Closed on May 1
Extraordinary openings on April 18 from 10am and 7pm (last entry at 6pm)
There is reduced-mobility access and manual wheelchairs are available.
- Children under 5
- 18 May, International Museum Day
- 12 October, Spanish National Holiday, for people of all nationalities (except for entry to Casa del Labrador, for which the single entry price must be paid).
- Large families, bringing their Family Registry Book (Libro de Familia) or the equivalent from EU or Latin American countries, or nationals of said countries holding residence or work permits. The free rate shall apply for entry when at least one adult and three children, or two, if one has a disability, are present.
- ICOM (International Council of Museums) Members, showing their membership card.
Official Tour Guides holding an Official Tour Guide card.
- Teachers holding teacher credentials, on private visits.
- Individuals with disabilities, showing credentials.
- Individuals that are officially unemployed and can prove their situation by showing their Job Seeker Card or an equivalent document issued by a competent authority.
- 12 groups/day. Only EU and Latin American schools (except Saturdays, Sundays and holidays)
Free access up to 60 minutes before closing
Basic price 7 euros
Reduced price 4 euros
Agency price 6 euros
Additional services 4 euros for a guide