A few weeks ago, my friend and fellow Michelin starred chef Adrian Quetglas, cooked me a small Spanish omelette at home and finished it off by grating copious amounts of black truffle all over it. It was utterly delicious. The warm potatoes, the slightly runny eggs and the amazing of aroma and flavour of fresh truffles was just mind-blowing. Apparently ancient Romans believed truffles had aphrodisiac, therapeutic, and medicinal properties and I can understand why. Rarely has something so simple tasted so good!
I've got truffle on my mind...
I have guy with a dog who hunts for them in the mountains of Mallorca
- Mallorca hoteliers calling for eight-year sentences for British tourists' false claims
- Another EuroMillions winner in Mallorca
- Woman seriously injured after being attacked by three pit bulls in Mallorca
- Helicopter crashes on ring road, three injured
- An ex-RAF pilot's wish - to donate his Mallorca finca for holidays for disadvantaged children